Business Operations Support, Europe
Location: Maidenhead, England
Department: Admin EU
The role performs a variety of administrative and clerical tasks, including providing support to Zogenix International Limited (ZIL) and visiting US employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing general administrative activities. The role’s responsibilities include making travel and meeting arrangements, preparing reports and maintaining appropriate filing systems. Ultimately, the role will ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of the European office.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Support the contract process for Zogenix employees and suppliers
- Submit Agreement Requests on Contract Management System (CMS) with full details of contract requested.
- Manage the workflow of created contracts withing the CMS to ensure timely execution.
- Planning meetings, scheduling appointments, and booking meeting rooms as and when required;
- Handle administrative requests and queries from ZIL, Srl, ROI, GmBH and US team members;
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers;
- Answer and direct phone calls;
- Develop and maintain the filing system;
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Provide general support to visitors
- Act as point of contact for internal and external clients
MEDICAL MEETING SUPPORT
- Support Medical Affairs in organising the logistics for European Congresses and Scientific Advisory Boards to include;
- Manage contracts and travel for Speakers at our symposia, ensuring compliance with local and EFPIA and other Codes of Practice
- Site visit to congress venue as required
- Ensure Speakers receive payment of their honoraria and that expenses are reimbursed after the Congress or Ad Board;
- Organise registration, book hotels and organise travel for Speakers and other ZIL attendees;
- Under the supervision of the Office Manager Europe, book travel for Zogenix International Limited Team, including consultants, through Frosch Travel, our business travel management provider;
- Assist colleagues with processing their expenses via Concur, our expense management system;
- Track spend relating to HCPs and submit information to the relevant Team in the US, in order to submit to the authorities in relevant countries;
- Provide support for the contract process as required with ZIL business owners, US legal and suppliers;
- Under the supervision of the Office Manager Europe, complete the Supply Request Forms and send to Procurement to raise PO for each contract signed;
- Other duties as assigned
- Education to A’ Level standard or qualification as an Administrative Assistant or Secretary is desirable but not essential
- 5+ years’ experience working as an Office Administrative Assistant;
- Knowledge of Office Management systems and procedures;
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular);
- Working knowledge of office equipment, such as printers and fax machines
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical sector is preferable;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work;
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task;
- Professional, helpful, organised, industrious, responsible, trustworthy.
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The role is based in the European Office in Maidenhead
- The role involves some European travel ~1+ days per month and occasional US travel ~1 time per year.
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy machine, etc.)
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk.
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment.
- Close vision required for computer usage.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds.