Director, Caregiver & Patient Marketing
Location: Emeryville, CA
Department: Marketing & Commercial Ops
The Director Caregiver & Patient Marketing represents the voice of the Caregiver & Patient and leads and directs the design, development, and launch execution of strategic and tactical marketing plans to patients and caregivers to effectively support the commercial objectives of Fintepla and Zogenix. This role leads Caregiver & Patient Fintepla marketing, disease education, and various other assigned projects. This Director also leads cross-functional teams and vendors, working collaboratively with colleagues from various departments within Zogenix.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Contribute to and co-lead Fintepla brand plan and business with Director of HCP/Professional Marketing
- Oversee strategy for the Caregiver& Patient, along the treatment journey, from disease education to patient access through adherence
- Develop and lead Caregiver & Patient strategy and effective/compliant implementation of all Fintepla marketing and rare epilepsy disease education initiatives for Caregivers/patients
- Develop strategy and collaborate with other functions to foster partenrships with key Patient Advocacy Groups. Act as marketing representative on Zogenix Patient Advocacy cross-functional core team, enhancing community engagement and disease state resources
- Develop and maintain key opinion leader relationships in the Caregiver (and HCP) community by conducting field visits, attending PAG meetings, attending Caregiver/patient congresses, speaker programs, partnering on consultant projects, and representing Zogenix at other events as needed
- Collaborate with the overall marketing team and and other internal stakeholders and communicate strategy and tactics broadly
- Develop KPIs and continually evaluate program effectiveness by targeted audiences
- Benchmark Zogenix approach with industry best practices and continuously look for ways to ways to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Develop and manage assigned budgets proactively and effectively
- Manage the partnership between Zogenix and agencies, suppliers and/or vendors for assigned initiatives
- Lead projects through legal, regulatory and medical review process
- Other duties as assigned
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- PC literacy required; MSOffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic environment
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years of experience
- Experience in DTP and/or Caregiver/patient Access marketing, advertising, or medical education on a pharmaceutical/healthcare brand or in market development, patient advocacy, sales/ sales management or training, and/or commercial development areas
- Knowledge of epilepsy or rare disease, and hub and specialty pharmacy distribution
- Action-oriented and possess strong relationship/communication skills
- Ability to partner appropriately and build consensus across department and the organization
- Background and persona to inspire other colleagues on the team as well as gain their respect
- Ability to question and evaluate, make recommendations (written and presentations), and participate in constructive dialogue
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy machine, etc.)
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk.
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment.
- Close vision required for computer usage.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to travel 25-30%