Key Account Manager – Phoenix, AZ
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Department: Sales Operations & Analytics
Zogenix is a global pharmaceutical company committed to developing and commercializing transformative therapies to improve the lives of patients and their families living with rare diseases. The Key Account Manager (KAM) will act as the primary customer interface, providing comprehensive disease & product knowledge, and executing Sales & Marketing strategies in the designated territory. Target cities for territory are Phoenix, AZ, and surrounding areas TBA – candidates must live within the geographical boundary of the designated territory. (No relocation assistance will be provided)
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Consistently achieves or exceeds sales objectives in assigned territory.
- Achieves marketing and sales objectives (MSOs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) for customer segments in the assigned territory.
- Act decisively and responsively by prioritizing budget allocation to meet territory objectives.
- Effectively implements marketing initiatives in order to achieve sales goals.
Customer Knowledge & Market Insights
- Prioritize customers and opportunities to maximize impact leveraging all available data sets and stakeholder input to inform effective decision making.
- Successfully seek out and qualify leads and effectively profile new accounts.
- Partner with advocacy groups to support patient education and disease state awareness in the local community.
- Possess strong understanding of the local managed care environment and effectively communicate approved key reimbursement information to healthcare providers.
- Execute marketing programs across customer segments and present approved materials to deliver value added messaging in a compelling and compliant manner.
- Appropriately adapt approved brand messaging in complex selling environments that aligns with customer priorities.
Business Analytics and Sales/Territory Planning
- Develop and implement business plans that will provide direction to meet or exceed territory sales goals.
- Continually evaluate and refine call planning / routing to optimize schedule based on unique local territory factors such as access: geographic span, collaborative commitments and customer needs.
Collaboration and Communication
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional partners (medical, reimbursement support, managed market team and specialty pharmacy and others) to communicate customer needs, help build and deliver appropriate solutions to meet those needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent virtual presentation skills.
- Proven organizational skills with ability to problem solve and manage multiple priorities in parallel
- Facilitates open and honest conversations with colleagues and gives candid ongoing
Culture and Values
- Complete any and all required training, testing, and product certifications within the designated timeframes.
- Embrace and follow Zogenix policies, practices, risk-based standards and values in support of our customers, patients, fellow employees, and individual expectations
- Emulates best practices and shares customer insights by contributing valuable perspective to colleagues within the organization.
- Emphasizes accountability and the highest standard of ethical conduct.
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial and proactive approach; is organized and able to work with a sense of urgency.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 7+ years of Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical sales experience required
- Proven, documented track record of delivering consistent sales results
- Experience promoting products specific to CNS/neuroscience including: epilepsy, orphan and/or rare diseases highly preferred
- New product launch experience preferred
- Experience calling on customers at a variety of call points (i.e. academic centers, community-based, hospitals and private practice offices) both in person and virtual
- Specialty pharmacy experience preferred
Other Job-Related Skills/Background
Motor Vehicle Record Requirements
- Valid license.
- No citation and/or conviction for driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs or driving while impaired within the past five years.
- 2 or less moving violations or collisions within the current 24-month period.
- Must be able to travel domestically as required
- 50% – 75% travel required, depending on geography (includes frequent overnight and weekend travel)
Background Check Requirements
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screening as required by Zogenix.