Location: Emeryville, CA
Department: Manufacturing Operations
Quality is our primary guiding principle in all activities. It is the foundation on which all pillars of Zogenix functions and activities are constructed. Excellence in the management of Quality is fundamental and the foremost aspect upon which the Pharmaceutical Operations team are judged by our patients, caregivers, partners, colleagues, and regulatory bodies. Our commitment is to go beyond compliance and operate effective technology, operations and supply systems that result in excellent products, processes, innovations, and documentation to ensure satisfaction from all stakeholders. Zogenix is committed to producing and delivering. products to partners and customers with the highest level of quality, on time, and at or below agreed costs.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for facilitating the daily procurement of materials and services globally via the company’s P2P process. This role interacts with all levels of employees including senior management, legal counsel, finance team, project owners, administrative staff and external suppliers. Attention to detail, prompt service and exemplary communication skills are critical attributes to successful execution of duties. This hands-on, customer-focused role requires an understanding of the Company’s goals and objectives, to prioritize deliverables and effectively manage workload. Data reporting, user training, and vendor analysis are also key responsibilities required for the role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs company R2P purchasing and receiving activities within the Coupa system
- Reviews requisitions and attachments for quality, accuracy, pricing effectiveness, and contractual obligations.
- Manages new supplier setup and recommends preferred suppliers to end users.
- Performs reporting and analysis on vendor spend, PO values, requisition counts, etc.
- Ensures end users inputs meet company SOPs, SoX compliance, and Policies.
- Proactively seeks and leads innovative ways to improve the procurement processes, technology, user experience.
- Reviews key Legal Contracts, SOWs, quotes, proposals, and other purchasing documents to ensure cost, quality, delivery outcomes are favorable.
- Leads the development and implementation of end user Procurement training
- Drives supplier competition via price comparison, bidding, and RFP’s where applicable.
- Identifies and resolves invoicing issues (pricing discrepancies, damaged goods material, credits, etc.)
- Works with Finance, AP, Legal, and Compliance departments to streamline Procurement processes.
- Manages key supplier relationships, contract requests, and renewals
- Maintains auditable files for each operation in accordance with company compliance.
- Drives process and technical improvements of procurement process overall
- Supports various procurement and ad hoc projects and analysis
- Provides superior levels of customer service and satisfaction while adhering to a strict standard of business ethics and integrity
- Seeks, develops, and establishes supplier analytics and relationships with key suppliers
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Respond effectively to business partner needs and requests in timely manner
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and to organize and prioritize requests
- Excellent negotiation, customer service and consulting skills
- Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement function and best practices in the pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated success in conceptual and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to identify organizational opportunities and recommend improvements
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong capability to run reporting and analytics from various ERP type systems
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Pro Active mentality
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Familiar with P2P systems (Ariba, SAP, Coupa, Oracle, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience in a procurement function that in a cGMP compliant environment
- Experience with outsourced manufacturing/distributed third-party operations environment
- General understanding of general ledger and month-end/year-end close process
- Experience with supporting audit inquiries
- General understanding of cGMPs
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy machine)
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds