Location: Emeryville, CA
Zogenix is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to head up various cross functional projects as a member of the PMO (Project Management Office). The Project Manager complies with procedures and leads cross functional projects, throughout each project's development and execution. The successful candidate has a full understanding of the PMO function and will demonstrate independent judgement obtaining solutions. They will also network with PMO leadership and cross-functional partners to provide status updates and results of the project. The Project Manager will oversee timeline and deliverables for one or more projects associated with global post-marketing commitments and other post launch projects as assigned. Preferred candidate is one with a strong knowledge of pharmaceutical product development and has prior experience managing project teams in Phase 3 development or post approval including Registries and Drug Utilization studies. This individual will be responsible to map key activities to support functional milestones and timing, prepare and maintain project dashboards, identify risk, and lead development of mitigation/contingency plans.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
The Project Manager will introduce best practices and standardized project management tools to support the business and develop a disciplined approach to cross-functional projects.
- Collaborate with Project Leads to prepare and maintain required project management documents and tools to facilitate project timelines, team communication, meeting planning, and documentation of decisions and action items.
- Develop, maintain, track, and drive project timelines for assigned projects. Keep Project Leads and team members updated when risks or issues are identified that may impact goals.
- Prepare meeting agendas, facilitate meetings, and takes meeting minutes. Track meeting decisions, issues, and action items.
- Provide project level support to cross-functional teams and Project Leads to ensure milestones and goals are achieved in accordance with the established budget.
- Coordinate, schedule, and facilitate project team interactions and meetings to enable accurate project planning and monitoring of timelines. Must capture, review, and distribute agendas and meeting minutes.
- Enable effective collaboration cross functionally, communicate project status to Project Leads and/ or PMO leadership and provide resolution options/recommendations for project issues.
- Provide and manage required dashboards for each assigned project.
- Provide analysis expertise and tools to the project teams for strategic planning and operational execution.
- Provide support on PMO processes including product development process, team model, project governance, development plans, critical path, decision trees and project financials.
Identify and manage initiatives and enhancement opportunities for the PMO team.
- Provide support to create and maintain SharePoint and other document repository) sites as needed and addresses any questions, or issues.
- Monitor project process and workflow and collaborate with teams to identify opportunities for improvement and optimization.
- Establishes performance metrics to ensure projects are completed timely and service levels are met.
- Regularly evaluate plans and take action to resolve problems to accomplish department tasks and goals.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- PC literacy required; MSOffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with dashboard reporting and other cloud-based project management scheduling tools and enterprise software and other software tools to organize, synthesize, and communicate cross functional project information.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Able to work on assignments requiring judgement to resolve issues or to make recommendations as needed.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little instruction and multitask under pressure.
- Understands and can work with budgetary information.
- Able to apply problem-solving and analytical skills to day-to-day tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (scientific or healthcare discipline preferred).
- 6+ years’ experience in a similar role. Biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience is required; Neuroscience/Rare Disease/CNS experience preferred.
Licenses or Certifications
- Knowledge of project management methodologies, concepts, techniques and tools is required. PMP Certification (or equivalent) a plus.
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy machine, etc.)
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk.
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment.
- Ability to travel as needed.