Sr. Manager, Distribution Operations – EU
Location: Maidenhead, England
Department: Supply Chain EU
Quality is our primary guiding principle. It is the foundation on which all functions and activities are performed. Excellence in the management of Quality is fundamental and the foremost aspect upon which the Pharmaceutical Operations team are judged by our patients, caregivers, partners, colleagues, and regulatory bodies. Our commitment is to go beyond compliance and operate effective development, operations and supply systems that result in excellent products, processes, innovations, and documentation to ensure satisfaction from all stakeholders. We are committed to providing therapeutic solutions with potential to transform the lives of and their families living with serious rare diseases. The Zogenix Technical Operations & Product Supply (TOPS) group is responsible for integrating and executing all Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls activities as well as operations functions such as engineering, manufacturing, analysis, supply, procurement, operational excellence, capacity management, distribution, wholesaling and logistics for all products.
The primary role of the Senior Manager, Distribution Operations, is to ensure that Zogenix products are distributed reliably, efficiently and compliantly, meeting all quality, performance and cost targets, and ensuring adequate levels of inventory to meet patient supply requirements.
The role is responsible for the routine end-to-end supply activities including demand management, logistics and transportation, inventory management, and will be the primary day-to-day point of contact with third party logistics and shipping/distribution partners. This will include supporting the Associate Director, Distribution Management on strategic design and implementation of distribution networks and supply chain solutions that meet requirements of the territories where Zogenix products are marketed.
The role will cover the monitoring and reporting of distribution performance to end customer and will have responsibility for maintaining customer service levels to local Zogenix commercial and medical teams. This will include addressing supply/distribution issues to mitigate against interruption in supply. This will entail managing formal investigations, addressing complaints and deviations, resolving errors related to serialized product and working with Quality to assess and agree disposition of returns.
The Senior Manager, Distribution Operations will also have responsibility for developing and day-to-day management and administration of the required inventory, logistics tracking and demand planning tools and systems. They will employ continuous improvement methodologies to support ongoing quality, cost, and efficiency initiatives within the supply chain and provides strategy and leadership to resolve discrepancies, quality investigations and to implement subsequent Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA).
The position involves extensive cross-functional collaboration within the company, specifically with Commercial, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Quality, Manufacturing and Planning.
PLEASE NOTE: We are looking to fill one position in either the UK or Ireland.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day operations associated with distribution of commercial, clinical and unlicensed product within Europe and UK.
- Prepare and deliver the monthly Demand unit forecast with the commercial teams
- Assess the demand plan against actual sales and root cause deviations (+-10%)
- Partake and contribute in 3PL, freight partner and CMO operational meetings and internal meetings (e.g. SnOP)
- Monitor and resolve EMVO/NMVO error messages (Serialization) and actively engage with the NMVOs.
- Manage the timely logistics between CMOs and 3PLs, ensuring all documentation is in place. Support trade and customs activities/engagements as required.
- Monitor and manage customer service activities and performance at the 3PLs – establish strong working relationship and be the communication link between Business and 3PL
- 3PL inventory management – work closely with Commercial, local General Managers and Manufacturing on 3PL inventory levels to avoid wholesaler stock out situations
- Support activities needed to ensure timely new product and/or market launches
- Implement process changes and continuous improvements to ensure best practices and to drive efficiency and performance improvements
- Manage contract service metrics and deliverables to ensure Zogenix receives consistent high level of service.
- Interface with local country managers to ensure accurate and reliable supply of product to meet market requirements.
- Additional support to global distribution for commercial, clinical and unlicensed product, as required.
- Resolve customer issues with minimal supervision. Determine when it is appropriate to escalate customer issues to management.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in technical/supply chain field.
- 7+ years of experience in distribution / logistics ideally within the pharmaceutical sector
- Strong GDP knowledge and experience, well-versed in logistics, customs and regulatory requirements across markets
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively and effectively within a matrixed contract manufacturing / supply environment across corporate and international borders and cultures.
- Experience building relationships and working with third party service providers.
- Competent in root cause analysis approaches, applying best distribution practices
- Solution-oriented, operational excellence bias
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be flexible and adaptable in constantly changing environments. Able to lead and move projects forward with initiative, being comfortable leveraging experience to create clear plans with minimum direction.
- Must have a bias for action and display a sense of urgency. Must possess exemplary skills in leadership, communication, and project management while maintaining extremely high quality and efficiency standards
- Must be willing and able to make sound business decisions and act on them with urgency and for the benefit of the Company
- Excellent communication skills. Willing and able to develop and nurture productive business relationships with colleagues, partners, suppliers, contractors, leaders and subordinates
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrably able to influence positive outcome without direct reporting authority
- Able to quickly and accurately evaluate internal and external operations, recommend optimal decision paths based on those evaluations and lead the organization to successful delivery of business objectives
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally, up to 25-30% of the time