Sr Manager, Sales Training and Effectiveness
Location: Emeryville, CA
Department: Sales Operations & Analytics
The Senior Manager, Sales Training and Effectiveness will develop and implement sales training tactics that are aligned to the overall Training Strategy set forth by the Director of Sales Training and Effectiveness. This position will work closely with Sales and Marketing to identify sales training needs and implement solutions at the field level to ensure maximum effectiveness of the sales organization. This is a remote sales training position. This position reports directly to the Director of Sales Training and Effectiveness.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Develops and implements relevant training programs for field sales team based on the needs of the organization
- Develops and executes training on account management skills, product knowledge, new promotional campaigns, product launches, communication skills, selling skills, new hire and advanced training programs, sales meeting training workshops, ongoing learning sustainment programs & programs as needed.
- Collaborates with and supports relevant internal departments, including Marketing, Commercial (management, Field Sales, National Accounts, Regional Trainers), Commercial Operations, Medical Information, Legal, Business Conduct and Regulatory to develop appropriate training.
- Collaborates with internal customers including Compliance/Legal and Marketing to ensure training materials and workshops are current, effective, and compliant with regulatory guidelines.
- Effectively prepares for instruction by conducting needs assessments, identifying targeted participant characteristics, linking learning to business goals and KPI, incorporating adult learning principles, and soliciting cross-functional feedback before finalizing design and strategy.
- Offers solutions for bridging gaps between current organizational capabilities and needs.
- Helps ensure readiness of the organization for training deployment including identifying key stakeholders and determining their needs in advance, in order to deliver high quality and effective programming.
- Partners with subject matter experts and key stakeholders to identify training needs, improve training solutions and lead change initiative implementation.
- Monitors and maintains alignment with Commercial group’s strategic training plan while balancing short-term and long-term business goals.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- PC and e-communication proficiency required; MSOffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Zoom and other web enabled remote training tools
- Proficient and certified in selling and coaching models used throughout the Commercial organization
- Product expertise for all promoted products
- Project management skills and expertise across medium to large scale projects
- Highly self-motivated and self-managed; ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal coaching or supervision.
- Ability to organize and work under strict time and production deadlines, while producing quality deliverables.
- Organizational skills, time management, problem-solving, and the ability to juggle multiple tasks are all prerequisites of an effective training manager.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously handle a large and diverse number of technical tasks and issues with tact, cooperation, and persistence.
- Collaborate with employees, contractors, vendors, partners, and customers across company globally.
- Must have the ability to focus on performance by establishing clear objectives for the training.
- Experience managing a budget effectively.
- Strong interpersonal communication, facilitation, problem solving, decision making and analytical skills.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated high-level virtual and in-person presentation skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, matrix environment with the need to manage constant change and communicate complex concepts
- Proven organizational skills with ability to problem solve and manage multiple urgent priorities in parallel
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8+ years of Pharma/Healthcare/Medical Device sales / Commercial experience
- Experience in epileptic encephalopathies preferred
- Good knowledge of US and International Compliance guidelines and laws
- Previous training experience preferred
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment (computer, photocopy, etc.)
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk.
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment.
- Close vision required for computer usage.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds.
- Travel: required as needed to HQ and individual territories