Sr. Specialist, IT Helpdesk
Location: Maidenhead, England
Department: Information Technology EU
The Senior Specialist, IT Helpdesk will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and software. The Helpdesk Specialist will respond to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution for the business.
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows) and across a range of software applications.
- Maintain a high level of customer service by responding to user requests in a timely fashion and work independently to complete assigned tasks as quickly as possible.
- Take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the user as soon as possible; escalating incidents to support team where necessary.
- Accurately record, update and document requests using the IT Helpdesk system.
- Assist with administration of Office365 including email and SharePoint.
- Maintain Windows Active Directory, Users, Groups and other records as needed.
- Be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization.
- Primary point of contact for Supporting the executive team.
- Work within the relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Troubleshooting issues relating to AV equipment and conference rooms.
- Procurement of hardware and software for end users.
- Install, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and OS software both manually and via endpoint management tools.
- Responsible for onboarding and terminations.
- Assist in planning, coordination, and implementation of company network security measures to protect data.
- Managing IT inventory.
- Education and Experience: 4+ Years’ experience and an Undergraduate Degree or 3+ Years with a Graduate Degree
- Be a highly self-motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities.
- Outstanding user service skills and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal in English.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, both technical and non-technical. Customer-focused
- Ability to perform well as part of a team under direct/indirect supervision
- Understanding of Office365 including SharePoint, Exchange Online and Skype for business.
- Assist remote users over the phone and through Zoom or other remote tools
- Create, maintain, and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist all staff in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable users to become more self-sufficient.
- Experience with Microsoft Office365, Active Directory administration, and virtualization technologies.
- Experience with endpoint maintenance, software installation, diagnostics, and repair.
- Proficient with Windows 10 and Microsoft Office suite.
- Network peripheral configuration, management, firmware upgrades, and diagnostics.
- Demonstrable skills debugging issues on client machines.
- Demonstrable understanding of cyber security.
- Able to learn quickly and work productively.
- MCSE, CCNA, ITIL or other industry identified certifications are preferred